Mr. Sims is an associate in the firm's Corporate Group. He focuses his practice on corporate and commercial litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery.
Prior to joining Potter Anderson, Aaron was a law clerk to the Honorable Ferdinand F. Fernandez of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and a law clerk to the Honorable Glen E. Conrad of the United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia.
- Business Law Today, February 2016
- SIGTARP and the Executive-Legislative Clash: Confronting a Bowsher Issue with an Eye Toward Preserving the Separation of Powers During Future Crisis LegislationWashington and Lee Law Review (winner of the Washington and Lee Law Council Award for Outstanding Student Note), 2010
- December 12, 2017
Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2011; Managing Editor, Washington and Lee Law Review; Order of the Coif; Roy L. Steinheimer Jr. Commercial Law Award; American Bankruptcy Institute Medal
George Wythe University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2007
Bar & Court Admissions
- Delaware, 2014
- Virginia, 2011
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Delaware
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
Professional Activities and Honors
Associate Member, Delaware Board of Bar Examiners
Attorney guardian ad litem for Delaware's Office of the Child Advocate