Mr. Dent practices in the area of corporate and commercial litigation. He has been responsible for trials before the Delaware Court of Chancery involving corporate governance and related disputes, as well as commercial litigation involving claims for equitable relief. He has had substantial involvement in corporate matters receiving national attention, and has also been responsible for numerous trials involving corporate valuation matters.
Art has been responsible for bench and jury trials involving commercial disputes before the Delaware Superior Court; he has argued frequently before the Delaware Supreme Court, Delaware's highest appellate court; and has had primary responsibility for, or substantial involvement in, appeals to the Delaware Supreme Court involving corporate matters of national interest.
- Tender offers for Emulex, Inc. and Peoplesoft, Inc.
- Corporate governance litigation involving craigslist, inc.
- Litigation concerning control of the largest commercial real estate venture in Las Vegas
- Corporate valuation proceedings before the Delaware Court of Chancery
Widener University School of Law, J.D., 1986; Editor-in-Chief, The Delaware Journal Of Corporate Law
Elizabethtown College, B.S., 1979
Bar & Court Admissions
- Delaware, 1986
United States District Court for the District of Delaware
United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
United States Supreme Court
Professional Activities and Honors
- Delaware State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Panelist at continuing legal education seminars regarding actions for injunctive relief and civil litigation practice generally
- Contributor, Corporate and Commercial Practice in the Delaware Court of Chancery
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America 2017 in the areas of Corporate Law and Litigation - Mergers & Acquisitions