Mr. Ryan focuses his practice on complex bankruptcy issues including the sale and acquisition of companies in bankruptcy, financing, and litigation, as well as general bankruptcy issues. Jeremy primarily concentrates his practice in the representation of debtors, but also is involved in committee and creditor representations.
Jeremy works with clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, manufacturing, and retail, and guides them through the complexities of maintaining and improving business operations during the bankruptcy process. He regularly counsels debtors and creditors on the sale and acquisition of companies through bankruptcy, debtor-in-possession financing, and plans of reorganization, as well as general finance, contract and employment matters.
He has been involved in contesting and defending plans of reorganization, valuation issues, assumption and rejection of contracts and leases, reclamation, and other creditor issues. He has also had significant experience in litigating non-bankruptcy issues such as fraud and fiduciary duty claims, telecommunications issues, and contract disputes.
- National Law Journal, April 30, 2012
- Delaware Business Court Insider, March 7, 2012
- Delaware Business Court Insider, November 9, 2011
- Delaware Business Court Insider, June 22, 2011
University of Pittsburgh, J.D., cum laude, 1997; Managing Editor, Journal of Law and Commerce
Washington & Jefferson College, B.A., 1994
Bar & Court Admissions
- Delaware, 2001
United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Pennsylvania, 1997
United States District Court for the District of Delaware, 2001
Professional Activities and Honors
- Recognized by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business in the Bankruptcy and Restructuring area
- Delaware State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association