John A. Sensing is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Group, and is a co-chair of the firm’s Recruiting Committee. He represents businesses and individuals in a myriad of commercial litigation matters in courts throughout Delaware. John’s client engagements include complex commercial litigation, business tort matters, and contract disputes, as well as the defense of claims asserted under federal antitrust and securities laws. He also represents clients in expedited matters relating to the enforcement of restrictive covenants and contractual non-competition provisions, and represents policyholders in complex insurance coverage litigation against their insurers.
John has practiced in courts throughout Delaware, including the Delaware Superior Court, the Delaware Court of Chancery, the United States District Court for the District of Delaware, and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. He also has experience in multiple appellate proceedings before the Delaware Supreme Court and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
For the years 2013 through 2018, John was named a Delaware Rising Star for Business Litigation by Super Lawyers magazine.
- October 4, 2019
- Delaware ChapterICLG, February 2019
- Delaware ChapterICLG, March 2018
- Delaware ChapterICLG, May 2017
- May 23, 2018
- Donald Wolfe Ranks in the Top Ten 2017 Delaware Super Lawyers; 10 Attorneys in Five Practices RecognizedJune 5, 2017
- Potter Anderson Partner, Donald J. Wolfe, Jr., Tops 2015 Delaware Super Lawyers Rankings; 17 Potter Anderson Attorneys in Eight Practice Areas RecognizedMay 15, 2015
- 18 Potter Anderson Attorneys Recognized as 2014 Delaware Super Lawyers; Chairman Donald J. Wolfe, Jr. Ranked in Top ThreeMay 27, 2014
Events & Speaking Engagements
- February 14, 2019
- December 5, 2018
- October 19, 2017
University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2004
Washington and Lee University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2001
Bar & Court Admissions
- Delaware, 2008
United States District Court for the District of Delaware, 2008
United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, 2004