Mr. Choa represents clients in complex commercial disputes, focusing primarily on intellectual property litigation and corporate disputes. He has represented clients in federal and state court proceedings and has experience in appellate proceedings, including preparing briefs for actions before the Federal and Second Circuits.
- Walker Digital, LLC v. Barnes & Noble, Inc. (D. Del.). Counsel for Barnes and Noble in a successful patent infringement action relating to Barnes and Noble’s website. The District Court dismissed the complaint due to Walker Digital’s failure to establish standing.
- Sankalp Recreation Pvt. Ltd. et al v. Prayosha Restaurant Group LLC (D. N.J.). Counsel for Sankalp in a dispute that successfully resulted in a former restaurant franchisee ceasing use of Sankalp’s trademarks.
- Rydex Technologies LLC v. Baxter International, Inc. (D. Del.). Counsel for Baxter in a pending patent infringement action relating to infusion drug pumps.
- StarTrak Information Technologies, LLC v. Blue Tree Systems Inc. (D. Del.). Counsel for Blue Tree in a pending patent infringement action relating to trucking fleet management technology.
- Pittenger v. Harris Corporation (Del. Ch.). Counsel for Harris Corporation in a successful dispute regarding a stock purchase agreement. The Court of Chancery dismissed the complaint due to a lack of subject matter jurisdiction.
- ANP Technologies Inc v. David Chang (Del. Ch.). Counsel for ANP Technologies in a pending dispute to enforce a non-competition agreement and protect the client’s trade secrets.
- Delaware ChapterICLG, March 2018
- Delaware ChapterICLG, May 2017
- ABA Intellectual Property Litigation E-Newsletter, September 3, 2015
- Corporate Counsel, October 18, 2013
- May 18, 2012
- December 23, 2011
- December 15, 2017
- May 22, 2017
Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2003; associate editor of the Fordham Law Review
New York University, B.A., cum laude, 2000
Bar & Court Admissions
- Delaware, 2009
New York, 2004
United States District Court for the District of Delaware, 2010
Federal Circuit, Second Circuit, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York
Professional Activities and Honors
- Member, DuPont Legal Minority Counsel Network
- Federal Bar Association
- Federal Trial Practice Seminar
- Delaware State Bar Association