Mr. Davis focuses his practice on business and corporate litigation in the Court of Chancery, where he litigates complex and often expedited matters. His experience includes litigation of breach of fiduciary duty actions, contests for corporate control, breach of contract claims, and statutory proceedings brought pursuant to Delaware’s General Corporation Law. Matthew also has experience in litigation related to limited liability companies and other alternative entities.
Before joining the firm, Matthew was an attorney at Abrams & Bayliss (formerly Abrams & Laster) in Wilmington, Delaware. Prior to practicing law, Matthew was a tax consultant with Ernst & Young LLP.
- A. Thompson Bayliss & Matthew F. Davis, How Process Flaws Can Rewrite Your Merger Agreement: Misconduct, Remedies and Del Monte, Deal Lawyers (March/April 2011).
- J. Travis Laster & Matthew F. Davis, Catching Up On Top Up Options, INSIGHTS, Vol. 23, No. 1 (Jan. 2009).
- Board of directors of Sotheby’s in expedited litigation regarding shareholder rights plan
- Morgans Hotel Group Co. in expedited litigation regarding proposed recapitalization
- Conflicts committee of board of directors of El Paso Pipeline GP Company, L.L.C. in unitholder litigation regarding drop down transactions from El Paso Corporation to El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P.
- Deere & Co. in commercial litigation regarding post-closing earn-out
- Alon USA Energy, Inc. in advancement and indemnification litigation
- New York-based private equity firm in expedited AAA arbitration with a primary portfolio company
University of Virginia, J.D., 2005; Notes Editor, Virginia Tax Review
Brigham Young University, B.S., MAcc, 2000
Bar & Court Admissions
- Delaware, 2005
- United States District Court for the District of Delaware, 2006
Professional Activities and Honors
- Delaware State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Barrister, Richard S. Rodney Inn of Court
- Member, J. Reuben Clark Law Society