Mr. Fischer primarily practices in the areas of corporate, commercial and alternative entities litigation; he also advises directors regarding M&A related litigation, internal investigations, shareholder derivative suits and class actions.
In addition, he has represented corporations and/or directors in takeover disputes, corporate injunctive proceedings, appraisal actions, advancement / indemnification suits, and litigation arising under various sections of the Delaware General Corporation Law.
- Kindred Healthcare and its directors in class action litigation over its acquisition by Humana/TPG/Welsh Carson
- SoftBank in litigation related to the Sprint/Clearwire merger
- Senior Housing Capital in commercial litigation against CalPERS
- Suntory Holdings in shareholder litigation over its acquisition of Beam Inc.
- Simon Property Group in commercial litigation
- Intel in shareholder litigation challenging its acquisitions of Altera and McAfee
- Wal-Mart Stores in shareholder proposal litigation
- Lorillard and its board in class action litigation related to Reynolds’ acquisition of Lorillard
- Bank of America in shareholder litigation over its merger with Merrill Lynch
- Dollar Thrifty and its board relating to its merger with Hertz
- Alpha Natural Resources in connection with litigation surrounding its acquisition of Massey Energy Company
- J. Crew directors in litigation challenging its buyout
- Cogent and its directors with respect to 3M’s acquisition
- The controlling stockholder of Delphi Financial Group in litigation challenging the acquisition of Delphi by Tokio Marine
- Emulex and its board relating to Broadcom’s hostile offer
- XO Communications shareholders challenging an asset sale proposed by its controlling shareholder Carl Icahn
- BlueScope Steel and Butler Manufacturing in appraisal litigation
- PeopleSoft and its directors in connection with Oracle's hostile offer
- Hallwood Realty Partners related to Carl Icahn's hostile bid for the partnership
- Hewlett-Packard Company in litigation brought by Walter Hewlett relating to the HP-Compaq merger
- Baxter HealthCare Corporation in a commercial dispute with Aventis Behring
- August 15, 2017
- Donald Wolfe Ranks in the Top Ten 2017 Delaware Super Lawyers; 10 Attorneys in Five Practices RecognizedJune 5, 2017
- May 26, 2017
- Three Potter Anderson Attorneys Named “Lawyers of the Year” and 21 Attorneys Named as "the Best Lawyers in America" for 2017August 15, 2016
- Chambers USA 2016 Names 21 Potter Anderson Attorneys and 5 Practice Areas Among the Best in DelawareMay 27, 2016
- Potter Anderson Partner, Donald J. Wolfe, Jr., Tops 2015 Delaware Super Lawyers Rankings; 17 Potter Anderson Attorneys in Eight Practice Areas RecognizedMay 15, 2015
- Potter Anderson Represents SHP Asset Management in Successful Breach of Contract Dispute Against CalPERsSeptember 30, 2013
Events & Speaking Engagements
Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1992; Recipient American Jurisprudence Awards in Legal Research and Writing, 1990, Real Property Security, 1991, and Federal Jurisdiction, 1992
James Madison University, B.A., cum laude, 1989
Bar & Court Admissions
- Delaware, 1992
Professional Activities and Honors
- Recognized by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business as a leading practitioner in the area of Chancery litigation.
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America 2017 in the area of Corporate Law.
- American Bar Association; Business Law Section, LLCs, Partnerships and Unincorporated Entities Committee; Chair of Litigation Subcommittee
- Board of Editors, The Delaware Law Review