Mr. Maxwell is an associate in the firm's Business Group. He represents both lenders and borrowers in a variety of commercial financing transactions, including asset-based financing, real estate mortgage financings and other credit related transactions. Additionally, he provides advice to clients on matters of Delaware corporate and business law for transactions involving Delaware alternative entities and corporations, including investment and private equity fund transactions, joint ventures, cross border transactions, mergers, acquisitions, dissolutions and restructurings. Mike also advises management, boards and special committees of Delaware entities on matters of operation and governance, including with respect to fiduciary duty and contractual interpretation issues. Mike provides legal opinions on issues of Delaware law in connection with the foregoing.
- May 12, 2016: "Doing Business Outside Your State: Foreign Qualification," Webinar, CSC in partnership with LexisNexis
September 13, 2016: “Wrapping It Up for Alternative Entities: What To Do When the End Is Near for LLCs and LPs”, Webinar, ALI-CLE
May 28, 2014: “Operating Agreements for Real Estate Lawyers”, Webinar, RPTE Fundamentals of Commercial Real Estate Program series
Eliminating Fiduciary Duty Uncertainty: The Benefits of Effectively Modifying Fiduciary Duties in LLC Agreements, Business Law Today (February 2013)
- Delaware counsel to a private equity fund with respect to a sale by one of its subsidiaries of an investment in a Chinese wholly-foreign owned entity.
- Delaware counsel to a large private equity fund related to the acquisition of certain oil and gas companies and assets.
- Delaware counsel to private equity fund with respect to 9 billion dollar buyout of a real estate company that owns shopping centers.
- Delaware counsel for various private equity and hedge funds in connection with formation, governance and structure.
- Delaware counsel to company entering into a joint venture for purpose of acquiring debt instruments.
- Delaware counsel to a minority member of a joint venture LLC in connection with bringing in additional investors to the joint venture LLC.
- Counsel to various lenders and borrowers in real estate mortgage financing transactions
- Counsel to Delaware corporation in sale of assets.
Events & Speaking Engagements
- February 26 - March 1, 2017
Tulane Law School, J.D., 2007
University of Louisville, B.A., cum laude, 2004
Bar & Court Admissions
- Delaware, 2008
Professional Activities and Honors
- Member, American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Member, Delaware State Bar Association
- Member, J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Attorney guardian ad litem for Delaware's Office of the Child Advocate
- Board Member, Great Oaks Charter School of Wilmington