Mr. Rovner specializes in the areas of corporate, commercial and complex litigation. His commercial litigation practice focuses primarily on intellectual property and trade secrets litigation, and commercial and licensing disputes. He is an experienced trial attorney, having served as trial counsel in intellectual property and commercial disputes, including cases pending in the United States District Court for the District of Delaware, the Delaware Court of Chancery and the Delaware Superior Court.
- Glaxo Wellcome Inc. v. Genentech, Inc. (D. Del.). Counsel for Genentech in a successful patent infringement trial relating to two of Genentech’s leading oncology products, Herceptin® and Rituxan®; jury found that Genentech’s products did not infringe and that all of the patent claims that Glaxo asserted were invalid.
- XpertUniverse, Inc. v. Cisco Systems, Inc. (D. Del.). Counsel for plaintiff in fraud and patent action; jury returned a verdict of $70 million in XpertUniverse’s favor.
- Nova Biomedical Corp. v. Roche Diagnostics Operations, Inc., et al. (D. Del.). Represented Roche Diagnostics in jury trial defeating allegations that Roche Diagnostics had breached a confidentiality agreement and unfairly competed by misusing alleged trade secrets.
- Baxter Healthcare Corporation v. Minrad, Inc. (D. Del.). Counsel for Baxter in successful ANDA litigation involving device for inhaled drug delivery.
- Finjan Software, Ltd. v. Secure Computing Corporation, et al. (D. Del.). Counsel for Finjan Inc., a leader in secure web gateway products, in successful patent infringement trial against Secure Computing, CyberGuard and Webwasher; jury found that defendants willfully infringed three Finjan patents, awarding Finjan damages on past sales of the accused products at a royalty rate of 16 percent for the software at issue, and 8 percent for the appliances at issue.
- PharmaStem Therapeutics, Inc. v. ViaCell, Inc. (D. Del.). Counsel for plaintiff in successful patent infringement trial relating to technology for collecting, cryopreserving and storing stem cells derived from umbilical cord and placental blood for future therapeutic use; obtained jury verdict, including a finding of willful infringement.
- Freudenberg Spunweb Company v. FiberVisions L.P. ( Del. Super.). Lead trial counsel for defendant FiberVisions in successful defense of breach of contract action brought pursuant to Delaware Superior Court’s Summary Proceedings for Commercial Disputes procedures; judgment in FiberVisions’ favor after six-day bench trial before Judge Fred S. Silverman.
- Baxter Healthcare Corporation v. Aventis Behring L.L.C. ( Del. Ch.). Lead trial counsel for Baxter in successful commercial case involving Baxter’s recombinant blood products.
- Corporate Counsel, October 18, 2013
- May 18, 2012
- December 23, 2011
Fordham University, J.D., 1987
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 1981
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York, 1988
Professional Activities and Honors
- Recognized in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in the area of intellectual property litigation.
- Delaware State Bar Association
- American Bar Association