Ms. Houtman is a partner in the firm’s Corporate Group. Her practice involves counseling Delaware corporations on corporate law and governance issues. She also represents buyers and sellers in negotiated acquisitions and divestitures.
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company in connection with its acquisition of Pannar, a South Africa based seed company with operations throughout Africa and other parts of the world
- Delaware counsel to the Special Committee of Rue 21 in connection with the acquisition of Rue 21 by APAX
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company in its divestiture of a professional products insecticide business to Syngenta AG
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company in its acquisition of Solae, LLC
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company in its divestiture of DuPont NanoMaterials LLC to Air Products
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company in its acquisition of Innovalight, Inc.
- Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc., in connection with its acquisition of Doebler's PA Hybrids, Hoegemeyer Hybrids, Nu Tech Seed, Seed Consultants and Ag Venture, Inc.
- August 30, 2013
- February 1, 2008
- March 27, 2007
- October 1, 2006
- November 1, 2005
- ACLU v. McCreary County: Rebuilding the Wall Between Church and State55 Syracuse Law Review L. Rev. 395 (2005), January 1, 2005
- July 1, 2004
Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2005; Order of the Coif; Syracuse Law Review, Editor, 2003-2004; Associate Notes Editor, 2004-2005
University of Delaware, B.A., magna cum laude, 2002; Phi Beta Kappa
Bar & Court Admissions
- Delaware, 2005
Professional Activities and Honors
- Delaware State Bar Association
- American Bar Association