Mr. Maerz is an associate in the firm's Business Group. He focuses his practice on a variety of transactional matters relating to Delaware alternative entities, including general partnerships, limited partnerships, and limited liability companies. Ryan primarily renders advice and opinions in connection with investment fund transactions, structured finance transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and transactions involving alternative entities with respect to formation, operation, governance, dissolution, and enforceability matters.
Ryan J. Maerz, Recent Development, Connecticut Forces Litigious Patients to Play Nice with Doctors, Mandates Mediation for All Medical Malpractice Claims, 3 Penn. St. Y’book on Arb. & Med. 250 (2011).
Scott C. Denlinger, Emma Kline & Ryan J. Maerz, Model Language for U.S. Arbitration Agreements and Legislation Proposals in Thomas E. Carbonneau, Arbitration Law and Practice 899 (6th ed., West 2012).
- Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 2013; Managing Editor, Penn State Yearbook on Arbitration and Mediation law journal; Justice of the William Penn Chapter of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity; Two-time recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Award® for academic achievement
- Pennsylvania State University, Smeal College of Business, M.B.A., Beta Gamma Sigma, 2013
- University of Wisconsin - Madison, Wisconsin School of Business, B.B.A, 2006
Bar & Court Admissions
- Delaware, 2013
Professional Activities and Honors
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Fellow (2014-2016)
- Delaware State Bar Association, LGBT Section, Chair (2015-2017)
- Attorney Guardian ad Litem, Office of the Child Advocate
- Volunteer Attorney, Juvenile Expungement Clinic, Office of Defense Services