Mr. Cicoski is an associate in the firm's Litigation Group. He represents clients in a variety of corporate and complex commercial litigation matters including claims for breach of contract, theft of trade secrets, and violations of restrictive covenants. Mr. Cicoski also assists clients defending antitrust and unfair competition claims as well as policyholders pursuing complex insurance coverage litigation against their insurers. Mr. Cicoski regularly appears before the Delaware District Court, the Delaware Court of Chancery, and the Delaware Superior Court. He has also briefed and argued appeals before the Delaware Supreme Court and other appellate tribunals.
Mr. Cicoski handles at least one pro bono matter each year. He has previously represented a minor in connection with pending immigration proceedings, served as appellate counsel to an incarcerated plaintiff, and assisted a veteran in proceedings before the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. He has also served as a Guardian ad Litem with Delaware’s Office of the Child Advocate in each of the past five years.
Mr. Cicoski presently serves on the National Board of Trustees of the American Inns of Court Foundation and is Vice President of the Richard K. Herrmann Technology Inn of Court in Delaware. He is a Director and Corporate Secretary of the Delaware Bar Foundation, an Associate Member of the Delaware Board of Bar Examiners, and a Trustee of the IEP Research Foundation at the University of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Cicoski is an Honorary Overseas Member of The Commercial Bar Association of England and Wales (COMBAR), a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation, and an Adjunct Professor at Delaware Law School. He was first rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell in 2014.
- Ryan C. Cicoski and Tom H. Horan, “Incarceration as a Sanction for Contempt of a Court Order” American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, Volume 33, Number 10 (Oct. 2014).
- Ryan C. Cicoski, “Delaware Report: Veterans Treatment Courts” Judicature, No. 965 (April 2013).
- Ryan C. Cicoski and Michael G. Busenkell, “At the Intersection of Successor Liability and the Bankruptcy Code,” American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, Volume 31, Number 3 (Mar. 2012).
- Ryan C. Cicoski and Michael G. Busenkell, “Stern v. Marshall: The Aftermath,” Unsecured Trade Creditors Committee Newsletter, Volume 9, Number 4 (American Bankruptcy Institute) (Oct. 2011).
- Ryan C. Cicoski, “Judicial Independence and the Rule of Law: A Warning from Iowa,” Delaware Lawyer, Volume 29, Number 2 (Summer, 2011).
- December 21, 2016
- August 24, 2015
- Potter Anderson Attorney, Ryan C. Cicoski, Elected to the American Inns of Court National Board of TrusteesJune 11, 2015
- Rutgers Law School, December 3, 2016
- April 1, 2016
Widener University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude (2010)
- Widener Law Review
- Widener Moot Court Honor Society
- Josiah Oliver Wolcott Fellow
- Order of Barristers
- Phi Kappa Phi
University of Maryland, B.A. (2006)
Bar & Court Admissions
- Pennsylvania (2011)
- New Jersey (2010)
- Delaware (2010)
Professional Activities and Honors
- Associate Member, Delaware Board of Bar Examiners (2016)
- National Trustee, American Inns of Court Foundation (2015 – present)
- Trustee, IEP Research Foundation at the University of Pennsylvania (2014 – present)
- Adjunct Professor, Delaware Law School (2013 – present)
- Director and Corporate Secretary, Delaware Bar Foundation (2012 – present)
- Guardian ad Litem, Office of the Child Advocate of the State of Delaware (2011 – present)
- Vice President, Richard K. Herrmann Technology American Inn of Court (2009 – present)
- National Advisory Council, American Judicature Society (2011 – 2015)
- Accredited Attorney, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (2011 – 2013)
- Member, Delaware Bankruptcy American Inn of Court (2008 – 2012)
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation (2016)
- Honorary Overseas Member of The Commercial Bar Association of England and Wales (2015)
- American Inns of Court National Pegasus Scholarship Award Recipient (2014)
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell (2014 – present)
- American Bar Association
- Delaware State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- The Federalist Society
- British American Business Council
- Delaware Combined Campaign for Justice
- Delaware Greenways