Mr. Mullen is a partner in the firm's Business Group. His practice focuses on business transactions, particularly the structure and use of Delaware corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and statutory trusts. Tom's practice includes counseling corporations, investors, directors and board committees on matters involving the Delaware General Corporation Law and related fiduciary duty issues arising in a variety of transactions and circumstances, including mergers and acquisitions, defensive planning, recapitalizations and liquidations. Tom also advises on the use of Delaware LLCs, partnerships and statutory trusts in a broad range of transactions, including structured financings, formation of private equity funds and joint ventures, and mutual fund reorganizations. He frequently provides legal opinions concerning Delaware business entity statutes and corporate law issues.
Tom serves on the committee of the Delaware State Bar Association which is responsible for proposing amendments to the Delaware statutes governing partnerships, limited partnerships and limited liability companies. He has been recognized in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business as a leading Delaware corporate/M&A and alternative entities lawyer.
- Three Potter Anderson Attorneys Named “Lawyers of the Year” and 21 Attorneys Named as "the Best Lawyers in America" for 2017August 15, 2016
- Chambers USA 2016 Names 21 Potter Anderson Attorneys and 5 Practice Areas Among the Best in DelawareMay 27, 2016
- Potter Anderson Serves as Delaware Counsel to Williams Companies in $6B Acquisition of Shale Gas FirmJune 16, 2014
Franklin and Marshall College, B.A., 1989
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 1992
Bar & Court Admissions
- Delaware, 1993
Professional Activities and Honors
- Member, Business Law Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Corporate Law and Commercial Law Sections, Delaware State Bar Association
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America 2017 in the areas of Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions