Ms. Voss concentrates her practice in the areas of labor and employment law and employee benefits. She represents management in a wide variety of industries, providing counsel on legal compliance, personnel policies and best practices, and benefit plan design and compliance. She represents clients before the EEOC, the Delaware Department of Labor, and other state agencies, as well as before the NLRB and the Delaware Public Employee Relations Board. Her experience includes first-chair trials in the Delaware courts, and she has successfully presented cases to the Supreme Court of Delaware and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Wendy frequently provides strategic counsel to officers and directors and the entities they serve on both state and federal law issues, with a focus on on-going or anticipated litigation and litigation-avoidance.
Her prominence in the labor and employment field has been recognized by Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Best Lawyers in America®, and Martindale-Hubbel’s®, which awarded her its highest, AV Preeminent™ rating. In 2015, she was named by Best Lawyers, a preeminent peer-review based referral guide to the legal profession in the United States, as the 2015 Wilmington, DE “Litigation - Labor and Employment "Lawyer of the Year." Recently, she was named as Best Lawyers 2016 Wilmington, DE “Employment Law - Management Lawyer of the Year." Only a single lawyer in each practice area in a community is honored as a "Lawyer of the Year".
Ms. Voss currently serves on the firm's Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- Defending claims of employment discrimination in the Delaware Courts and at the administrative level
- Negotiated collective bargaining agreements on behalf of public and private employers, including several healthcare entities in Delaware; counseled client through a successful union decertification campaign
- Represented policy holder complex insurance coverage litigation, involving issues of first impression under Delaware law and resulting in favorable settlement with insurer
- Defended unfair labor practice charges before the NLRB
- Enforced executive noncompetition agreements in the Delaware Court of Chancery in the matters Wal-Mart Stores, Inv. v. Mullaney & CVS Caremark Corp. and Presidio Networked Solutions, Inc. v. Glahn & ACS (US), Inc.
- The Affordable Care Act’s Rules for Measurement and Waiting Periods: What Is the Difference and What Are the Risks?Bloomberg BNA, May 16, 2014
- Your Company Is a ‘Large Employer’ Under the Affordable Care Act—Now What? Requirements for Coverage and Potential PenaltiesBloomberg BNA, May 14, 2014
- Is Your Company a ‘Large Employer’ Under the Affordable Care Act? Counting Employees and Assessing the OptionsBloomberg BNA, May 9, 2014
- Inside Counsel, May 21, 2012
- Inside Counsel, May 7, 2012
- Inside Counsel, April 23, 2012
- Inside Counsel, March 26, 2012
- Inside Counsel, March 12, 2012
- Delaware Law Weekly, November 29, 2011
- The NLRB's Pro-Union Agenda Marches On: Recent Decisions Add Organization of Micro-Units and Other Union-Friendly RulesBloomberg Law Reports, November 10, 2011
- Bloomberg Law Reports, July 12, 2011
- August 15, 2017
- Client Alert: Governor Carney Signs New Wage History Law that Prohibits Employers from Asking Job Candidates about Compensation HistoryJune 19, 2017
- May 26, 2017
- CLIENT ALERT: U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit Rules that Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation is a Form of Sex Discrimination Prohibited under Title VIIApril 7, 2017
- November 23, 2016
- Three Potter Anderson Attorneys Named “Lawyers of the Year” and 21 Attorneys Named as "the Best Lawyers in America" for 2017August 15, 2016
- Chambers USA 2016 Names 21 Potter Anderson Attorneys and 5 Practice Areas Among the Best in DelawareMay 27, 2016
- August 31, 2011
- May 1, 2011
- April 1, 2011
Events & Speaking Engagements
- December 6, 2016
- April 26, 2016
- February 23, 2016
- New Castle, DE, February 10, 2016
- DuPont Country Club, December 10, 2015
- Seminar: What to Expect When Government Regulators (and Their Private Counterparts) Look into Your BusinessMay 12, 2015
- DuPont Country Club, May 6, 2014
- DuPont Country Club, September 25, 2013
- DuPont Country Club, October 18, 2012
- Du Pont Country Club, May 3, 2012
The Marshall-Wythe School of Law of The College of William & Mary, J.D., summa cum laude, 1992; Research Fellow; Order of the Coif; William & Mary Law Review, 1990-1992
University of Michigan, B.A., with high honors, 1974; Phi Beta Kappa; James B. Angell Scholar
Bar & Court Admissions
- Delaware, 1992
District Court for the District of Delaware, 1993
Third Circuit Court of Appeals, 1995
Professional Activities and Honors
- Recognized in 2007 - 2016 by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for her work in the area of labor and employment law
- Named Best Lawyers' 2016 Wilmington, DE Employment Law - Management "Lawyer of the Year."
- Named Best Lawyers' 2015 Wilmington, DE Litigation - Labor and Employment "Lawyer of the Year."
- Named in the 2017 edition of Best Lawyers in America, a preeminent peer-review based referral guide to the legal profession in the United States for her work in labor and employment law.
- Received an AV Preeminent™ rating by Martindale-Hubbell ®.
- Delaware State Bar Association; Labor and Employment Section (former Chair); Litigation Section
- American Bar Association; Labor & Employment Section; Litigation Section
- Member, Board of Bar Examiners of the Delaware Supreme Court (2004-2010, Vice Chair 2009-2010)
- Member, Advisory Board, Delaware Center for Justice
- Trustee, Salesianum School (2002-2008)
- Board of Directors of Goodwill Industries of Delaware and Delaware County, Inc. (Chair, 2000 - 2002)
- Caesar Rodney Rotary Club Community Service Award, 2000
- Goodwill Industries Volunteer of the Year Award, 2003