Davey Addresses Developments in Transactions Involving Controlling Shareholders
Potter Anderson partner Brad Davey participated in a DealLawyers.com panel on January 29 titled “Controlling Shareholders: The Latest Developments.” The panelists shared insights on the standards of review that apply to different types of transactions involving controlling shareholders, key considerations in structuring a controlling shareholder transaction, and how to reduce the risks of controlling shareholder status.
The program addressed:
- What does recent case law say about when a minority shareholder will be regarded as a controlling shareholder?
- What can a large shareholder do to avoid controlling shareholder status?
- What are the key considerations in structuring a deal with a controlling shareholder?
- How do courts look at transactions involving differential consideration?
- Do different standards apply to privately held corporations?
For more information about the webinar, visit DealLawyers.com.