Employment & Labor Counseling
Potter Anderson employment attorneys provide counseling to local and national clients on the implementation of policies and procedures to assist clients in complying with the extensive regulations that impact today’s workplace. Our clients include major Delaware employers from both the public and private sector, cultural institutions of national repute, multinational corporations, institutions of higher education, private and public secondary schools, and mid-size employers representing a wide variety of industries.
We counsel our clients on:
- Discrimination and harassment, family leave, plant closing and whistleblower rights, and working with clients to establish related training programs.
- Ethics and other corporate investigations involving alleged misdoing by employees at all levels, including senior management.
- Corporate compliance, including wage and hour and independent contractor classification.
- Designing, validating and implementing workplace downsizing processes, including advice on potential WARN liabilities, age discrimination claims, voluntary early retirement separation programs involving the employer's defined benefit pension plan, severance benefit plans and agreements, and the impact of mass terminations on the employer's tax-qualified plans.
- Developing personnel policies and practices, employee handbooks, summary plan descriptions, sexual harassment and equal employment policies, employment contracts, termination agreements and releases, and drug and alcohol policies as well as hiring, discipline and termination practices.
- Litigation avoidance, including training on employment-related topics such as union avoidance, employee supervision, discipline and discharge, sexual and other wrongful harassment, reductions-in-force, and employment discrimination.
Union avoidance methods, including supervisor training and responding to union organizing campaigns.
- Confrontation of threats of mass picketing at their facilities or events.