Employee Benefits & Executive CompensationPractices Main
Potter Anderson’s attorneys practicing in the areas of Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation counsel employers / plan sponsors and other fiduciaries in regard to health and welfare plans, including with respect to the requirements of the Affordable Care Act, ERISA, and related tax and other statutes. We assist employers in employee health and welfare benefit plan design, implementation, administration and compliance, including:
- Assisting in the design of employee health and welfare plans, including cafeteria, flexible spending, health reimbursement and health savings accounts, as well as severance and other employee welfare benefit plans.
- Drafting and reviewing plan documents to implement new programs and to keep existing arrangements in compliance with changes in laws and regulations
- Reviewing contracts with service providers, including trustees, fiduciary advisers, record keepers, insurance companies, managed care providers, and business associates.
- Counseling regarding fiduciary duties under ERISA and compliance with COBRA.
- Providing advice on the implications of mergers and acquisitions on health and welfare plans, and assisting clients with the administrative and compliance issues that arise following such corporate changes.
- Advising clients regarding available compliance resolution programs and other plan correction processes.
- August 29, 2018
- October 3, 2017
- September 28, 2017
- May 26, 2017
- CLIENT ALERT: U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit Rules that Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation is a Form of Sex Discrimination Prohibited under Title VIIApril 7, 2017
- November 23, 2016
- November 1, 2016
- CLIENT ALERT: Department of Labor Publishes Final Changes to Overtime Requirements Under the Fair Labor Standards ActJune 1, 2016
Events & Speaking Engagements
- December 5, 2018
- November 1, 2018
- April 23, 2018
- Voss Offers a Practical Guide to Employee Health and Welfare Benefits at the Delaware SHRM Annual ConferenceOctober 6, 2017
- December 6, 2016
- April 26, 2016
- New Castle, DE, February 10, 2016
- Seminar: What to Expect When Government Regulators (and Their Private Counterparts) Look into Your BusinessMay 12, 2015