Health Care & EmploymentPractices Main
Potter Anderson's employment attorneys provide counseling to local and national clients on the implementation of policies and procedures to assist clients in complying with the extensive regulations that impact today’s workplace. Our attorneys also represent employers in connection with employment-related disputes filed in federal and state courts around the country, as well as government agencies and other tribunals.
Potter Anderson’s objective is to find solutions to the complex regulatory issues confronting health care providers. Our clients include long-term care facilities, hospitals, managed care organizations, providers of in-home medical services, group practices and individual physicians.
We have an in-depth knowledge of licensing and certification criteria, fraud and abuse laws, employment issues, compliance plans, confidentiality—including HIPAA privacy and security requirements—and informed consent issues.
- CLIENT ALERT: Department of Labor Publishes Final Changes to Overtime Requirements Under the Fair Labor Standards ActJune 1, 2016
- Chambers USA 2016 Names 21 Potter Anderson Attorneys and 5 Practice Areas Among the Best in DelawareMay 27, 2016
- February 5, 2016
- October 9, 2015
- July 20, 2015
- May 23, 2014
- The Affordable Care Act’s Rules for Measurement and Waiting Periods: What Is the Difference and What Are the Risks?Bloomberg BNA, May 16, 2014
- Your Company Is a ‘Large Employer’ Under the Affordable Care Act—Now What? Requirements for Coverage and Potential PenaltiesBloomberg BNA, May 14, 2014
- Is Your Company a ‘Large Employer’ Under the Affordable Care Act? Counting Employees and Assessing the OptionsBloomberg BNA, May 9, 2014
- Inside Counsel, April 23, 2012
- April 26, 2016
- New Castle, DE, February 10, 2016
- DuPont Country Club, December 10, 2015
- Seminar: What to Expect When Government Regulators (and Their Private Counterparts) Look into Your BusinessMay 12, 2015