Intellectual Property LitigationPractices Main
Potter Anderson represents national and local clients in disputes regarding patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets in the Delaware federal and state courts. The United States District Court for the District of Delaware has experienced unprecedented growth in filings of patent and trademark cases, with Potter Anderson attorneys serving as lead counsel or Delaware counsel in a substantial number of these cases.
Our practice is a balanced one, representing plaintiffs and defendants in intellectual property disputes, with recent disputes related to, among others, computer and microprocessor technology, pharmaceuticals, LCD technology, internet technology, biotechnology, and medical devices. At any given time, our intellectual property litigators are involved in well over 100 cases. We have significant experience in both bench and jury trials, and also have resolved many cases through negotiation and mediation, where appropriate.
- Amazon.com — Co-counsel in a number of patent litigation matters relating to a variety of technologies.
- Barnes & Noble, Inc. — Lead counsel and co-counsel for several other defendants in multi-party patent infringement actions relating to website operation.
- Baxter Healthcare Corporation — Co-counsel on a number of patent and non-patent litigation matters, including ANDA litigation involving an inhalant anesthetic container.
- British Telecommunications plc — Co-counsel in patent infringement action relating to telecommunications technology.
- Chimei Innoloux Corp. — Co-counsel in a patent infringement action relating to liquid display modules.
- Genentech, Inc. — Co-counsel in multiple patent infringement actions involving patents for therapeutic antibodies.
- ICU Medical — Co-counsel in patent infringement action relating to medical devices.
- Intel Corporation — Co-Counsel in a number of patent litigation matters relating to microprocessor technology.
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals — Co-counsel in several ANDA pharmaceutical patent litigation matters, including participating in several trial and other proceedings.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals — Co-counsel in ANDA pharmaceutical patent litigation.
- Chambers USA 2016 Names 21 Potter Anderson Attorneys and 5 Practice Areas Among the Best in DelawareMay 27, 2016
- March 23, 2016
- November 5, 2015
- May 19, 2015
- May 23, 2014
- August 21, 2012
- February 2, 2012
- October 26, 2011
- May 12, 2011
- April 22, 2011
- April 1, 2010
- September 1, 2009
- December 1, 2008
- ABA Intellectual Property Litigation E-Newsletter, September 3, 2015
- Corporate Counsel, October 18, 2013
- Nature Immunology, May 20, 2013
- If the Shoe Fits - Keep It: Document Retention Policies to Maximize Prior User Rights as a Patent Infringement Defense at Home and AbroadBloomberg, June 29, 2012
- December 23, 2011
- April 18, 2007
- September 6, 2006
- September 1, 2006
- San Francisco, California, December 06, 2011 - December 07, 2011