David A. Seal is an associate in the firm's Corporate Group. His practice focuses on corporate and commercial litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery and includes stockholder class and derivative actions, complex commercial disputes, corporate books and records actions, and stockholder appraisal actions.
Prior to joining the firm, David was an associate at Abrams & Bayliss LLP in Wilmington, Delaware. While in law school, David served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Benjamin Goldgar of the Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- AutoInfo, Inc. in appraisal litigation arising from its acquisition by Comvest Partners.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in trial and appellate litigation challenging its acquisition by Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc.
- Sumner Redstone in litigation concerning the election of Viacom, Inc.’s directors and amendments to Viacom’s bylaws.
- Directors of a Delaware corporation in an action to obtain corporate books and records pursuant to DGCL Section 220(d).
- A group of investors in Alico, Inc. regarding the contested removal of the managing member of Alico’s controlling stockholder under 6 Del. C. 18-110.
University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2013; Associate Editor, University of Virginia Sports and Entertainment Law Journal
University of Chicago, B.A., cum laude, 2010
Bar & Court Admissions
- Delaware, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware, 2015
Professional Activities and Honors
Delaware State Bar Association
American Bar Association