Maxwell Presents on Top LLC Mistakes to Avoid
Partner Mike Maxwell was a presenter for “Top 7 LLC Mistakes to Avoid in Everyday Business Practices,” a CLE program hosted by the National Business Institute.
The full-day course covered a variety of topics, including:
- Critical considerations when establishing entities to minimize LLC veil piercing
- When and how to use the LLC, as opposed to the S Corp
- Uses and liabilities of using LLCs in connection with trusts and tax planning
- Real-world operating agreement provisions gone wrong, including distribution, allocation, capital call and voting
- Charging order landmines to avoid
- Common mistakes members make that allow the LLC veil to be pierced
- Tax mistakes made during LLC formation, change of tax status, conversion and reorganization
Maxwell advises clients on matters of Delaware corporate and business law in transactions involving Delaware alternative entities and corporations, including investment and private equity fund transactions, fund formations, joint ventures, cross border transactions, mergers, acquisitions, asset sales and purchases, dissolutions and restructurings. He also represents both lenders and borrowers in a variety of commercial financing transactions, including asset-based financing, real estate mortgage financings and other credit related transactions.
For more information about the program, visit NBI’s website.