6 Potter Anderson Attorneys Named 2019 Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” in Wilmington, Delaware
August 15, 2018
Best Lawyers has recognized six of the firm’s attorneys as 2019 “Lawyer of the Year” in the Wilmington, Delaware area, more than any other Delaware law firm.
- Josh Martin - Mediation Martin concentrates his law practice on mediation and arbitration and on business counseling, particularly in the areas of telecommunications, public utilities and governmental relations. Prior to joining the firm, he was president and CEO of Verizon Delaware. He also served as a Delaware Superior Court judge for eight years.
- Mark Morton - Mergers and Acquisitions Law Morton’s practice involves corporate counseling, governance and opinion work. He regularly advises clients regarding all aspects of the Delaware General Corporation Law, governance of Delaware corporations, and fiduciary obligations, both in the context of daily business affairs and with respect to mergers, acquisitions and other corporate transactions. He also authors opinion letters on a wide range of matters of Delaware corporation law. In addition, he frequently is engaged to serve as counsel to special committees in connection with various conflict transactions, including M&A transactions.
- Matt O'Toole - Securitization and Structured Finance Law O'Toole is the chair of Potter Anderson's Business Group, a member of the firm's Executive Committee, and chair of the firm's Blockchain Committee. He concentrates his practice on corporate and commercial transactions, particularly the structure and use of Delaware business entities, including corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships (general and limited) and statutory trusts. He often serves as counsel to lenders, borrowers, investors, managers, trustees and other parties involved in both domestic and international business transactions. His practice frequently involves providing third-party legal opinions concerning Delaware’s General Corporation Law, Delaware’s alternative entity statutes, the Delaware UCC and other applicable law.
- Chip Price - Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants Price practices regularly in several areas including utility and railroad, products liability defense, general defense and commercial litigation, environmental and toxic tort litigation defense and computer law. He represents automobile and automotive components manufacturers, product manufacturers, commercial enterprises and other companies in the areas noted above. He assists in negotiation of contracts and contract modifications and reviews language for product warnings and instructions.
- Wendy Voss - Labor Law – Management Voss concentrates her practice in the areas of labor and employment law and employee benefits. She represents management in a wide variety of industries, providing counsel on legal compliance, personnel policies and best practices, and benefit plan design and compliance. She represents clients before the EEOC, the Delaware Department of Labor, and other state agencies, as well as before the NLRB and the Delaware Public Employee Relations Board. She frequently provides strategic counsel to officers and directors and the entities they serve on both state and federal law issues, with a focus on ongoing or anticipated litigation and litigation-avoidance.
- Pete Walsh - Corporate Law Walsh, the chair of Potter Anderson’s Corporate Group, is a corporate and commercial litigator. He has first-chaired many trials in the Delaware courts, and has successfully argued numerous appeals before the Supreme Court of Delaware, as well as several in the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He has been involved in several precedent setting cases in the areas of corporate books and records and attorneys’ fees to the prevailing party. He regularly handles Court of Chancery proceedings, including stockholder class and derivative actions, summary proceedings pursuant to the General Corporation Law, and disputes involving alternative entities. Pete also frequently counsels officers, directors, and committees of the board in matters of Delaware corporate law, primarily as such matters bear upon ongoing or anticipated litigation.
About Best Lawyers® methodology
Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the "Lawyer of the Year," making this accolade particularly significant. These lawyers are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the peer review assessments. Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism, and their integrity.