Jonathan A. Choa represents clients in complex commercial disputes, focusing primarily on intellectual property litigation and corporate disputes. He has represented clients in federal and state court proceedings and has experience in appellate proceedings, including preparing briefs for actions before the Federal and Second Circuits.
- Sonos v. Denon Electronics (D. Del.). Counsel for Sonos in a successful patent infringement action where the jury found that Denon willfully infringed three Sonos patents through its competing high-end wireless audio line.
- Kindred Healthcare, Inc. Securities Class Actions (D. Del.). Counsel for Kindred Healthcare and its directors in a series of securities class actions related to Humana Inc.’s acquisition of Kindred.
- Emerson Electric Co. v. Emerson Quiet Kool Co. Ltd. (D. Del.). Counsel for Emerson Quiet Kool in a trademark dispute with related state law claims regarding air conditioners and dehumidifiers.
- Quadrant Structured Products LLC v. Athilon Capital Corp. (Del. Ch.). Counsel for Athilon and its directors in a successful defense against claims of breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract relating to Athilon’s long-range business strategy.
- Alarm.com Holdings, Inc. v. ABS Capital Partners Inc. (Del. Ch.). Counsel for Alarm.com in action to prevent former board member from disclosing Alarm.com’s trade secrets and confidential information to a competitor.
- Walker Digital, LLC v. Barnes & Noble, Inc. (D. Del.). Counsel for Barnes and Noble in a successful patent infringement action relating to Barnes and Noble’s website. The District Court dismissed the complaint due to Walker Digital’s failure to establish standing, which was upheld by the Federal Circuit.
- Delaware ChapterICLG, February 2021
- Delaware ChapterICLG, February 2020
- Delaware ChapterICLG, February 2019
- Delaware ChapterICLG, March 2018
- Delaware ChapterICLG, May 2017
- ABA Intellectual Property Litigation E-Newsletter, September 3, 2015
- Corporate Counsel, October 18, 2013
- May 18, 2012
- December 23, 2011
- August 18, 2022
- August 19, 2021
- August 20, 2020
- May 22, 2018
- December 15, 2017
- May 22, 2017
Events & Speaking Engagements
Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2003; associate editor of the Fordham Law Review
New York University, B.A., cum laude, 2000
Bar & Court Admissions
- Delaware, 2009
New York, 2004
United States District Court for the District of Delaware, 2010
Federal Circuit, Third Circuit, Second Circuit, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York
Professional Activities and Honors
Member, Delaware Diverse Partner Network
Board Member, Faithful Friends Animal Society
Federal Bar Association
American Intellectual Property Law Association
Delaware State Bar Association
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Litigation, 2021, 2022