Mathew Golden focuses his practice on corporate and complex commercial litigation before Delaware courts, primarily the Delaware Court of Chancery. Mathew has significant experience representing directors, officers, companies and investors in a variety of business-related lawsuits, including stockholder class and derivative actions, contract litigation, appraisal proceedings, actions to compel inspection of company books and records, and actions to determine the outcome of contested votes and elections. He also has experience advising clients regarding litigation risk associated with contemplated transactions.
- Represented Twitter, Inc. in action against Elon Musk and his affiliates to compel closing of merger.
- Represented Amazon.com, Inc. in defending action to compel inspection of books and records relating to allegations concerning the company’s antitrust and tax compliance.
- Represented officers of Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. in class action alleging breaches of fiduciary duty in connection with the sale of the company to Silver Lake and P2 Capital Partners.
- Represented certain directors of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation in class action alleging breaches of fiduciary duty in connection with the merger with The Charles Schwab Corporation.
- Represented Red Leaf Resources, Inc. in litigation against investor concerning alleged breaches of the investor’s preferred stock consent rights.
- Represented Teucrium Trading, LLC in defending actions to compel inspection of books and records, including one filed by Teucrium’s former CEO.
- Represented Coliseum Capital Management, LLC and related entities in class action and derivative lawsuit challenging transaction to finance The Providence Service Corporation’s acquisition of Matrix Medical Network.
- Represented Martha Stewart in class action challenging the sale of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. to Sequential Brands Group, Inc.
- Represented Elizabeth Elting in actions concerning the dissolution of TransPerfect Global, Inc.
- Delaware Business Court Insider, August 3, 2022
- The Case For Applying The Delaware Courts’ Recent Transactional “Road Maps” To Bankruptcy ProceedingsNorton Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law, November, 2018
- Law360, March 28, 2018
- Law360, August 29, 2017
- Law360, July 31, 2017
- Law360, June 29, 2017
- Corporate Counsel Weekly, March 22, 2017
- Corporate Counsel Weekly, March 20, 2017
- January 3, 2023
- August 18, 2022
- August 19, 2021
- August 20, 2020
- December 11, 2017
University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School, J.D., 2014; Senior Editor, University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law.
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., magna cum laude, 2011
Bar & Court Admissions
- Delaware, 2014
Professional Activities and Honors
Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Commercial Litigation and Corporate Law (2021, 2022)