Potter Anderson's construction attorneys advise all levels of the construction industry, including owners, architects and other design professionals, contractors and suppliers. Our attorneys are often involved from the start of a project to its completion. Our attorneys regularly advise clients with claims involving change orders, differing site conditions, terminations, product claims, interference claims, insurance and surety claims. We advise clients on public bidding matters from planning a bid to preparing and prosecuting bid protests. Our attorneys are not just involved in the litigation and arbitration of those claims, but also advise clients and become involved in alternative dispute resolution. We recognize that the early resolution of disputes in any construction project is to the benefit of all concerned, and our attorneys work with our clients to achieve that end.
Potter Anderson's construction attorneys are involved with advising all tiers in the construction industry. For instance, we have represented owners, design professionals, contractors and suppliers advising them with respect to bid protests, claims, change orders, contract terminations, product defects, insurance coverage disputes, surety claims, and other matters.
We have litigated claims in the federal and state courts, as well as in arbitration, and generally advise clients regarding construction law matters from the start of a project to its end. Our attorneys, however, are not just involved in the litigation and arbitration of these claims, but also advise clients and become involved in alternative dispute resolution, short of litigation. We recognize that the early resolution of disputes in any construction project is to the benefit of all concerned. We work with clients to achieve that end.
Reportable cases in which Potter Anderson has been involved, among others, include:
- Goodridge v. Hyster Co., 845 A.2d 498 (Del. 2004).
- Chrysler Corp. v. Merrell & Garaguso, Inc., 796 A.2d 648 (Del. 2002).
- George & Lynch, Inc. v. Division of Parks & Recreation, Dept. of Natural Res. & Env't Control, 465 A.2d 345 (Del. 1983).
- Chesapeake & Potomac Tel. Co. v. Chesapeake Util. Corp., 436 A.2d 314 (Del. 1981).
- Moore Golf, Inc. v. Ewing, 269 A.2d 51 (Del. 1970).
- State v. Dabson, 217 A.2d 497 (Del. 1966).
- PG Constr. Co. v. George & Lynch, Inc., 834 F. Supp. 645 (D. Del. 1993).
- J.A. Moore Constr. Co. v. Sussex Assocs. Ltd. P'ship, 688 F. Supp. 982 (D. Del. 1988).
- F.E. Myers Co., Div. of McNeil Corp. v. Pipe Maint. Serv., Inc., 599 F. Supp. 697 (D. Del. 1984).
- August 4, 2021
- September 9, 2019
- November 1, 2017
- November 1, 2016
Events & Speaking Engagements
- DoubleTree Hotel, Wilmington Downtown, June 5, 2014