Health CarePractices Main
Potter Anderson’s objective is to find solutions to the complex regulatory issues confronting health care providers. Our clients include long-term care facilities, hospitals, managed care organizations, providers of in-home medical services, group practices and individual physicians.
We have an in-depth knowledge of licensing and certification criteria, fraud and abuse laws, employment issues, compliance plans, confidentiality—including HIPAA privacy and security requirements—and informed consent issues.
Our attorneys advise clients on Medicare and Medicaid requirements, managed care and health care contracting, medical necessity determinations, credentialing and medical staff issues, financing, and transactional matters.
We represent clients in proceedings before administrative agencies, including the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Delaware Department of Health and Social Services, the Division of Long Term Care Residents Protection, and the Division of Professional Regulation, as well as in litigation before the Departmental Appeals Board and state and federal courts.
The firm's health law practitioners are active members of several health law-related organizations and committees, including the Health Law Sections of the American and Delaware State Bar Associations, the American Health Lawyers Association, The American Health Care Association, the Delaware Health Care Facilities Association, and the Board of Advisors of the Health Law Institute of the Widener University School of Law.
- Purchases and sales of long-term care facilities
- Appeals of nursing home survey deficiencies and remedies
- Representation of providers in applications for certificates of public review (“CPR”) to engage in certain health care activities in Delaware
- Defense of MCO medical necessity determinations
- Defense of nursing homes in malpractice actions
- Defense of physician practice in EEOC investigation of sexual harassment charges
- Collective bargaining on behalf of health care providers (management)
- October 23, 2019
- September 9, 2019
- November 1, 2017
- October 3, 2017
- August 15, 2017
- August 15, 2017
- Donald Wolfe Ranks in the Top Ten 2017 Delaware Super Lawyers; 10 Attorneys in Five Practices RecognizedJune 5, 2017
- November 1, 2016
- Chambers USA 2016 Names 21 Potter Anderson Attorneys and 5 Practice Areas Among the Best in DelawareMay 27, 2016
- December 1, 2004
Events & Speaking Engagements
- May 7, 2019
- November 8, 2018
- September 20, 2018
- December 6, 2016