Ms. Millard's practice involves counseling Delaware corporations on corporate law and governance issues. Pam also represents buyers and sellers in negotiated acquisitions and divestitures.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- ABA Business Law Section 2015 Spring Meeting Young Lawyer Institute Track (Co-sponsored by Mergers & Acquisitions Committee), “Roadmap of an M&A Transaction” (April 16, 2015)
- ABA Women in Mergers and Acquisition Task Force, Northwestern Law School, Women in M&A Panel (September 17, 2015)
- Bench and Bar CLE Conference, Wilmington, Delaware, "Online, In-Line and Out of Line: The Use of Technology in the Legal Profession" (June, 2009)
- Representation of AmSurg Corp. in connection with its proposed strategic business combination with Envision Healthcare Holdings, Inc.
- Representation of a Transaction Committee of the Board of Directors of Clayton Williams Energy, Inc. in its $150 million private placement of CWEI common stock to funds managed by Ares Management, L.P.
- Representation of a Transaction Committee of the Board of Directors of Chindex International, Inc. in its going private transaction with an affiliate of TPG Capital and an affiliate of Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Representation of a Conflicts Committee of the Board of Directors of Energy Transfer Equity LP, in connection with the sale of its 60% stake in ETP Holdco Corp., valued at $3.75 billion in cash and units, to affiliate Energy Transfer Partners LP.
- Representation of Softbank Corp. in connection with its strategic business combination with Sprint Nextel Corp.
- Representation of a Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Quest Software, Inc., in connection with the acquisition of the company by Dell Inc.
Representation of a Transaction Committee of the Board of Directors of Knology, Inc. in connection with its sale to WideOpenWest
- Representation of a Special Committee of the Board of Directors of C&D Technologies, Inc., in connection with the acquisition of the company by an affiliate of Angelo, Gordon & Co.
- Representation of a Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., in connection with the acquisition of the company by certain affiliates of Leonard Green & Partners
- Representation of the Board of Directors of CKE Restaurants, Inc., in its acquisition by Apollo Management
- July 26, 2013
- M&A Deal Counsel's Role in Creating a Winning Written Record for Defending Breach of Fiduciary Duty LitigationApril 19, 2013
- The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation, December 7, 2011
- First Principles for Addressing the Competing Interests of Common and Preferred Stockholders in an M&A TransactionOctober 1, 2010
- April 1, 2009
- Rethinking The Blasius Standard of Review: The Implications of Mercier v. Inter-Tel (Delaware), Inc.April 4, 2008
- April 16-18, 2015
- New York Times, December 26, 2012
- March 9, 2012
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.; Member of the editorial board, The Tax Lawyer
University of Washington, Master of Arts in International Studies
Wellesley College, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- Delaware, 2008
Professional Activities and Honors
- American Bar Association: Business Law Section; Mergers and Acquisitions Committee, Women in Mergers and Acquisitions Task Force, Joint Task Force on Governance Issues in Business Combinations, and the Private Company Model Merger Agreement Task Force
- Delaware State Bar Association