Employment LitigationPractices Main
Potter Anderson’s Employment and Labor attorneys represent employers in connection with employment-related disputes filed in federal and state courts around the country, as well as government agencies and other tribunals. Our attorneys served as defense counsel in one of the first workers’ compensation retaliation claims tried to a jury in Delaware (defense verdict).
We have successfully represented clients in:
- Employment discrimination claims, non-competition and trade secret controversies, ERISA claims, and breach of employment contract claims.
- Trials before judges and juries.
- Matters before federal and state administrative agencies, including the Delaware Department of Labor, the Delaware Public Employee Relations Board, the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the National Labor Relations Board.
- Arbitration proceedings, mediations and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- Represented one of the largest retailers in an action in the Chancery Court of the State of Delaware, seeking enforcement of the terms of a non-competition agreement against a former member of senior management team who sought to join a competitor as CEO. The former executive was enjoined from working for the competitor.
- Represented an international technology service provider in an action in the Chancery Court of the State of Delaware, seeking enforcement of a restrictive covenant agreement against a former member of senior management.
- Defended a client in the leisure and entertainment industry in several charges of alleged discrimination, including race, national origin, sex and retaliation and most recently, in the defense of an equal access complaint, based on disability, before the Delaware Human Relations Commission.
- Represented a major auto maker in the Delaware Court of Chancery in connection with a pending class action suit involving claims relating to the company’s administration of workers’ compensation benefits.
- Represented a gaming client before the National Labor Relations Board in connection with a representation hearing on a petition to decertify a union and order an election, as well as a related request for review.
- May 3, 2018
- November 1, 2017
- October 3, 2017
- September 28, 2017
- August 15, 2017
- Client Alert: Governor Carney Signs New Wage History Law that Prohibits Employers from Asking Job Candidates about Compensation HistoryJune 19, 2017
- Donald Wolfe Ranks in the Top Ten 2017 Delaware Super Lawyers; 10 Attorneys in Five Practices RecognizedJune 5, 2017
- May 26, 2017
- May 1, 2017
- CLIENT ALERT: U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit Rules that Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation is a Form of Sex Discrimination Prohibited under Title VIIApril 7, 2017
- November 23, 2016
- November 1, 2016
- CLIENT ALERT: Department of Labor Publishes Final Changes to Overtime Requirements Under the Fair Labor Standards ActJune 1, 2016
- Chambers USA 2016 Names 21 Potter Anderson Attorneys and 5 Practice Areas Among the Best in DelawareMay 27, 2016
- February 5, 2016
- October 9, 2015
- July 20, 2015
- July 1, 2015
- May 19, 2015
- May 23, 2014
- The Affordable Care Act’s Rules for Measurement and Waiting Periods: What Is the Difference and What Are the Risks?Bloomberg BNA, May 16, 2014
- Your Company Is a ‘Large Employer’ Under the Affordable Care Act—Now What? Requirements for Coverage and Potential PenaltiesBloomberg BNA, May 14, 2014
- Is Your Company a ‘Large Employer’ Under the Affordable Care Act? Counting Employees and Assessing the OptionsBloomberg BNA, May 9, 2014
- Inside Counsel, March 26, 2012
- Inside Counsel, March 12, 2012
- Inside Counsel, February 20, 2012
- InsideCounsel, February 6, 2012
- InsideCounsel, January 25, 2012
- InsideCounsel.com, January 9, 2012
- InsideCounsel, December 26, 2011
Events & Speaking Engagements
- November 1, 2018
- April 23, 2018
- April 12, 2018
- Voss Offers a Practical Guide to Employee Health and Welfare Benefits at the Delaware SHRM Annual ConferenceOctober 6, 2017
- June 9, 2017
- Physical and Cognitive Disabilities Under the ADADelaware State Bar Association, December 8, 2016
- December 6, 2016
- April 26, 2016
- February 23, 2016
- New Castle, DE, February 10, 2016
- DuPont Country Club, December 10, 2015
- Seminar: What to Expect When Government Regulators (and Their Private Counterparts) Look into Your BusinessMay 12, 2015
- DuPont Country Club, May 6, 2014
- DuPont Country Club, September 25, 2013
- DuPont Country Club, October 18, 2012
- Du Pont Country Club, May 3, 2012