Employment & Labor CounselingPractices Main
Potter Anderson employment attorneys provide counseling to local and national clients on the implementation of policies and procedures to assist clients in complying with the extensive regulations that impact today’s workplace. Our clients include major Delaware employers from both the public and private sector, cultural institutions of national repute, multinational corporations, institutions of higher education, private and public secondary schools, and mid-size employers representing a wide variety of industries.
We counsel our clients on:
- Discrimination and harassment, family leave, plant closing and whistleblower rights, and working with clients to establish related training programs.
- Ethics and other corporate investigations involving alleged misdoing by employees at all levels, including senior management.
- Corporate compliance, including wage and hour and independent contractor classification.
- Designing, validating and implementing workplace downsizing processes, including advice on potential WARN liabilities, age discrimination claims, voluntary early retirement separation programs involving the employer's defined benefit pension plan, severance benefit plans and agreements, and the impact of mass terminations on the employer's tax-qualified plans.
- Developing personnel policies and practices, employee handbooks, summary plan descriptions, sexual harassment and equal employment policies, employment contracts, termination agreements and releases, and drug and alcohol policies as well as hiring, discipline and termination practices.
- Litigation avoidance, including training on employment-related topics such as union avoidance, employee supervision, discipline and discharge, sexual and other wrongful harassment, reductions-in-force, and employment discrimination.
Union avoidance methods, including supervisor training and responding to union organizing campaigns.
- Confrontation of threats of mass picketing at their facilities or events.
- May 23, 2014
- November 1, 2012
- October 10, 2011
- August 31, 2011
- May 1, 2011
- April 1, 2011
- Potter Anderson & Corroon's McDonough Named to HR Executive's List of Most Powerful Employment Attorneys in the CountryJuly 9, 2009
- Jury finds no evidence of racial discrimination in employee's terminationJune 1, 2006
- The Affordable Care Act’s Rules for Measurement and Waiting Periods: What Is the Difference and What Are the Risks?Bloomberg BNA, May 16, 2014
- Your Company Is a ‘Large Employer’ Under the Affordable Care Act—Now What? Requirements for Coverage and Potential PenaltiesBloomberg BNA, May 14, 2014
- Is Your Company a ‘Large Employer’ Under the Affordable Care Act? Counting Employees and Assessing the OptionsBloomberg BNA, May 9, 2014
- Inside Counsel, May 21, 2012
- Inside Counsel, April 23, 2012
- Inside Counsel, March 26, 2012
- Inside Counsel, March 12, 2012
- Inside Counsel, March 5, 2012
- Inside Counsel, February 20, 2012
- InsideCounsel, February 6, 2012
- InsideCounsel, January 25, 2012
- InsideCounsel.com, January 9, 2012
- InsideCounsel, December 26, 2011
- Delaware Law Weekly, November 29, 2011
- The NLRB's Pro-Union Agenda Marches On: Recent Decisions Add Organization of Micro-Units and Other Union-Friendly RulesBloomberg Law Reports, November 10, 2011
- Bloomberg Law Reports, September 21, 2011
- Bloomberg Law Reports, July 12, 2011
- Delaware Law Weekly, June 29, 2011
- February 1, 2011
- Delaware Law Weekly, July 14, 2010
- October 30, 2009
- July 7, 2009
- DuPont Country Club, May 6, 2014
- DuPont Country Club, September 25, 2013
- DuPont Country Club, October 18, 2012
- Du Pont Country Club, May 3, 2012
- Wilmington, Delaware, December 15, 2011
- Wilmington, DE, November 16, 2011