Jennifer’s clients trust her to handle their commercial, corporate and insurance litigation in Delaware’s state and federal courts. Her breadth of knowledge, judgment and experience are valued assets to her clients and colleagues. Jennifer has tried cases for Fortune 500 companies in the Delaware Court of Chancery and the Complex Commercial Litigation Division of the Delaware Superior Court. She also has tried both civil and criminal cases in the United States District Court for the District of Delaware, including as a prosecutor with the United States Attorney’s Office through Operation FED-UP, a law enforcement initiative to reduce felony gun crimes.
Jennifer is a leading contributor to Potter Anderson’s well-known insurance coverage practice, where she represents corporate policyholders in complex insurance litigation involving general and professional liability, property, and D&O policies. She is an active member of the ABA’s Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee and is a frequent speaker on litigation and insurance-related topics.
Jennifer is committed to serving the Bar and her community. She was recently appointed to the Delaware Superior Court's Complex Commercial Litigation Division (CCLD) Rules Committee. In addition, she serves as the Vice-Chair of the Delaware Board of Bar Examiners, and has served on the Board for the past four years. Jennifer also represents victims of domestic violence through pro bono work with Delaware Volunteer Legal Service’s Protection From Abuse Program.
Jennifer has received an “AV Preeminent” peer-review rating from Martindale-Hubbell, and as one client noted in her profile, “Jennifer’s character, integrity, and intellect are second to none. She is the first litigator I would call for high stakes litigation in Delaware.”
- Won summary judgment as lead counsel for major supplier to oil and gas industry in multimillion-dollar contract dispute in Delaware Superior Court, Complex Commercial Litigation Division
- Won jury verdict in favor of policyholder as trial team member and Delaware counsel for pension fund in D&O coverage litigation, in which the Delaware Superior Court judge characterized the trial as “one of the best lawyered cases [she has] ever presided over”
- Represented global provider of safety equipment against more than 20 insurance companies in dispute over hundreds of millions of dollars in general liability coverage; obtained multiple summary judgment decisions in favor of client and argued successful sanctions motion against lead insurer
- Successfully represented large financial institution in dispute regarding asset-backed securities in Delaware Superior Court, Complex Commercial Litigation Division
- Won jury verdict and key summary judgment rulings for pump manufacturer as Delaware counsel in litigation seeking more than $500 million in coverage for asbestos claims against more than a dozen insurance companies
- Delaware Business Times, March 19, 2020
- ABA, 2019 Ed.
- Law360, April 26, 2018
- March 12, 2020
- October 23, 2019
- August 15, 2019
- August 15, 2018
- August 3, 2018
Events & Speaking Engagements
University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude; Chancellor's Scholar; Board of Editors, North Carolina Law Review; Order of the Coif
The College of William & Mary, B.A., magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
Law Clerk to The Honorable Frank W. Bullock, Jr., United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina (inactive)
- South Carolina (inactive)
Professional Activities and Honors
Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America in the area of Commercial Litigaton, most recently in the 2020 edition
Named a "Top Lawyer" in Insurance Coverage by Delaware Today magazine (2019)
Member of the Delaware Superior Court Complex Commercial Litigation Division (CCLD) Rules Committee (2020)
Vice-Chair of the Board of Bar Examiners (2018-2019)
Member of the Board of Bar Examiners of the Delaware Supreme Court (2015-2017)
Co-Chair of the Ethics Subcommittee of the Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee of the ABA’s Litigation Division (2015-2018)
Instructor for the Intensive Trial Advocacy Program at Delaware Law School
Fellow of the American Bar Foundation