Alyssa Ronan’s practice focuses on corporate advisory, corporate governance, and transactional matters relating to Delaware corporations and alternative entities. She regularly counsels boards of directors, board committees (including special, transaction and conflicts committees), and investors on M&A matters, governance matters, and situations involving conflicts of interests and fiduciary duty issues. She also renders opinions and written advice on a variety of matters arising under the Delaware General Corporation Law, as well as the governance documents of Delaware corporations and alternative entities. Alyssa routinely advises public companies, private companies, and special purpose acquisition companies in high-profile strategic transactions.
An active member of the American Bar Association’s Business Law Section, she is a frequent speaker and contributor on corporate law topics. Alyssa has been recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America for corporate governance and compliance law, corporate law, and mergers and acquisitions law.
Alyssa currently serves as co-chair of the firm’s Recruiting Committee.
- Special Committee of KnowBe4 in $4.6 billion acquisition by Vista Equity Partners.
- Special Committee of Constellation Brands on deal to eliminate the company’s high-vote stock.
- Compensation Committee of major technology company in connection with special equity award.
- VillageMD in $5.2 billion investment from Walgreens Boots Alliance.
- Conflicts Committee of Landmark Infrastructure Partners in acquisition by Landmark Dividend LLC.
- Conflicts Committee of MGM Growth Properties in $17.2 billion acquisition by VICI Properties.
- Ivanhoe Capital Acquisition Corp. in business combination with SES Holdings.
- Vector Acquisition Corp. in business combination with Rocket Lab USA Inc.
- Hilton Grand Vacations in acquisition of Diamond Resorts for approximately $1.4 billion.
- Energy Transfer in acquisition of Enable Midstream Partners for $7.2 billion.
- Beacon Roofing Supply in sale of interior products business to American Securities for approximately $850 million.
- Conflicts Committee of TC Pipelines in merger with TC Energy for $1.6 billion.
- GoDaddy in settlement of its Tax Receivable Agreements for $850 million.
- Conflicts Committee of MGM Growth Properties LLC in $4.6 billion joint venture with Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust.
- Conflicts Committee of Teekay Offshore Partners in approximately $170 million going private merger with Brookfield.
- C&J Energy Services in an approximately $1.8 billion merger-of-equals with Keane Group.
- Audit Committee of AmeriGas Partners, L.P. in $4.6 billion going private merger with UGI Corporation.
- Gebr. Knauf KG in its acquisition of USG Corporation for $7.0 billion.
- Arclight Energy Partners Fund V, L.P. in roll-up acquisition of American Midstream Partners, LP.
- Conflicts Committee of Energy Transfer Equity in $90 billion simplification with Energy Transfer Partners.
- Arclight Energy Partners Fund VI, L.P. in roll-up acquisition of TransMontaigne Partners L.P.
- Conflicts Committee of EnLink Midstream Partners, LP in roll-up acquisition by EnLink Midstream, LLC.
- Special Committee of Antero Resources Corp. in Antero Midstream GP LP’s roll-up acquisition of Antero Midstream Partners LP.
- Conflicts Committee of Energy Transfer Partners in $1.8 billion sale of compression business to USA Compression Partners.
- Transaction Committee of Staples in $6.9 billion acquisition by Sycamore Partners.
- Conflicts Committee of MGM Growth Properties in several drop downs of casino real estate by MGM Resorts.
- Conflicts Committee of World Point Terminals, LP in going private tender offer by World Point Terminals, Inc.
- Conflicts Committee of Energy Transfer Partners in $21 billion merger with Sunoco Logistics Partners.
- Conflicts Committee of Sanchez Production Partners in drop down of midstream assets by Sanchez Energy.
- Conflicts Committee of Blueknight Energy Partners in change of general partner and drop down transaction with Ergon Inc.
- Special Committee of Guardian Industries in acquisition by Koch Industries.
- Special Committee of Sunoco LP in a series of real estate drop downs by Energy Transfer Partners.
- Conflicts Committee of Eagle Rock Energy Partners in merger with Vanguard Natural Resources.
- Energy Transfer Equity in combination of Energy Transfer Partners and Regency Energy Partners.
- Conflicts Committee of Energy Transfer Equity in drop down of interest in the Bakken pipeline project to Energy Transfer Partners and related exchanges of interests related to Sunoco Logistics Partners.
- March 4, 2022
- August 17, 2023
- October 12, 2022
- August 18, 2022
- Potter Anderson Advises Special Committee of Constellation Brands on Deal to Eliminate High-Vote StockJune 30, 2022
- November 29, 2021
- August 19, 2021
- Potter Anderson Advises Conflicts Committee of MGM Growth Properties on $17.2 Billion Acquisition by VICI PropertiesAugust 4, 2021
- August 20, 2020
- January 14, 2020
- October 2, 2019
- April 2, 2019
- Potter Anderson Advises ETE Conflicts Committee on Simplification Transaction to Create ~$90 Billion EnterpriseAugust 17, 2018
- May 30, 2018
Events & Speaking Engagements
- September 7, 2023
- May 1, 2023
- May 26, 2022
- April 27, 2022
- April 1, 2022
- March 4, 2022
- December 7, 2021
- September 23, 2021
- April 20, 2021
- Millard and Ronan Discuss Latest Legal Issues for Venture Capital Investors at ABA Business Law Annual MeetingSeptember 23, 2020
- June 5, 2020
- March 29, 2019
Rutgers University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2013; Notes and Comments Editor, Rutgers Law Journal
American University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2010
Bar & Court Admissions
- Delaware, 2013
New Jersey, 2013
Professional Activities and Honors
Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America for Corporate Governance and Compliance Law, Corporate Law, and Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2021 - present)