Alyssa Ronan’s practice focuses on corporate advisory, corporate governance, and transactional matters relating to Delaware corporations and alternative entities. She regularly counsels boards of directors, board committees (including special, transaction and conflicts committees), and investors on M&A matters, governance matters, and situations involving conflicts of interests and fiduciary duty issues. She also renders opinions and written advice on a variety of matters arising under the Delaware General Corporation Law, as well as the governance documents of Delaware corporations and alternative entities. Alyssa routinely advises public companies, private companies, and special purpose acquisition companies in high-profile strategic transactions. An active member of the American Bar Association’s Business Law Section, she is a frequent speaker and contributor on corporate law topics. Alyssa has been recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for corporate governance and compliance law, corporate law, and mergers and acquisitions law.
- Representation of Special Committee of Constellation Brands on deal to eliminate the company’s high-vote stock.
- Representation of compensation committee of major technology company in connection with special equity award.
- Representation of VillageMD in $5.2 billion investment from Walgreens Boots Alliance.
- Representation of Conflicts Committee of Landmark Infrastructure Partners in acquisition by Landmark Dividend LLC.
- Representation of Conflicts Committee of MGM Growth Properties in $17.2 billion acquisition by VICI Properties.
- Representation of Ivanhoe Capital Acquisition Corp. in business combination with SES Holdings.
- Representation of Vector Acquisition Corp. in business combination with Rocket Lab USA Inc.
- Representation of Hilton Grand Vacations in acquisition of Diamond Resorts for approximately $1.4 billion.
- Representation of Energy Transfer in acquisition of Enable Midstream Partners for $7.2 billion.
- Representation of Beacon Roofing Supply in sale of interior products business to American Securities for approximately $850 million.
- Representation of Conflicts Committee of TC Pipelines in merger with TC Energy for $1.6 billion.
- Representation of GoDaddy in settlement of its Tax Receivable Agreements for $850 million.
- Representation of Conflicts Committee of MGM Growth Properties LLC in $4.6 billion joint venture with Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust.
- Representation of Conflicts Committee of Teekay Offshore Partners in approximately $170 million going private merger with Brookfield.
- Representation of C&J Energy Services in an approximately $1.8 billion merger-of-equals with Keane Group.
- Representation of Audit Committee of AmeriGas Partners, L.P. in $4.6 billion going private merger with UGI Corporation.
- Representation of Gebr. Knauf KG in its acquisition of USG Corporation for $7.0 billion.
- Representation of Arclight Energy Partners Fund V, L.P. in roll-up acquisition of American Midstream Partners, LP.
- Representation of Conflicts Committee of Energy Transfer Equity in $90 billion simplification with Energy Transfer Partners.
- Representation of Arclight Energy Partners Fund VI, L.P. in roll-up acquisition of TransMontaigne Partners L.P.
- Representation of Conflicts Committee of EnLink Midstream Partners, LP in roll-up acquisition by EnLink Midstream, LLC.
- Representation of Special Committee of Antero Resources Corp. in Antero Midstream GP LP’s roll-up acquisition of Antero Midstream Partners LP.
- Representation of Conflicts Committee of Energy Transfer Partners in $1.8 billion sale of compression business to USA Compression Partners.
- Representation of Transaction Committee of Staples in $6.9 billion acquisition by Sycamore Partners.
- Representation of Conflicts Committee of MGM Growth Properties in several drop downs of casino real estate by MGM Resorts.
- Representation of Conflicts Committee of World Point Terminals, LP in going private tender offer by World Point Terminals, Inc.
- Representation of Conflicts Committee of Energy Transfer Partners in $21 billion merger with Sunoco Logistics Partners.
- Representation of Conflicts Committee of Sanchez Production Partners in drop down of midstream assets by Sanchez Energy.
- Representation of Conflicts Committee of Blueknight Energy Partners in change of general partner and drop down transaction with Ergon Inc.
- Representation of Special Committee of Guardian Industries in acquisition by Koch Industries.
- Representation of Special Committee of Sunoco LP in a series of real estate drop downs by Energy Transfer Partners.
- Representation of Conflicts Committee of Eagle Rock Energy Partners in merger with Vanguard Natural Resources.
- Representation of Energy Transfer Equity in combination of Energy Transfer Partners and Regency Energy Partners.
- Representation of Conflicts Committee of Energy Transfer Equity in drop down of interest in the Bakken pipeline project to Energy Transfer Partners and related exchanges of interests related to Sunoco Logistics Partners.
- March 4, 2022
- October 12, 2022
- August 18, 2022
- Potter Anderson Advises Special Committee of Constellation Brands on Deal to Eliminate High-Vote StockJune 30, 2022
- November 29, 2021
- August 19, 2021
- Potter Anderson Advises Conflicts Committee of MGM Growth Properties on $17.2 Billion Acquisition by VICI PropertiesAugust 4, 2021
- August 20, 2020
- January 14, 2020
- October 2, 2019
- April 2, 2019
- Potter Anderson Advises ETE Conflicts Committee on Simplification Transaction to Create ~$90 Billion EnterpriseAugust 17, 2018
- May 30, 2018
Events & Speaking Engagements
- May 26, 2022
- April 27, 2022
- April 1, 2022
- March 4, 2022
- December 7, 2021
- September 23, 2021
- April 20, 2021
- Millard and Ronan Discuss Latest Legal Issues for Venture Capital Investors at ABA Business Law Annual MeetingSeptember 23, 2020
- June 5, 2020
- March 29, 2019
Rutgers University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2013; Notes and Comments Editor, Rutgers Law Journal
American University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2010
Bar & Court Admissions
- Delaware, 2013
New Jersey, 2013
Professional Activities and Honors
Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Corporate Governance and Compliance Law, Corporate Law, and Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2021, 2022)